Motiv Power Systems, based in Foster City, CA, provides next-generation power management electronics and software for medium and heavy-duty electric-drive vehicles. Motiv’s proprietary solutions make it easy to integrate advanced clean-technology components into electric-drive vehicles and collect the data needed for efficient management of commercial and municipal fleets. Motiv is the only company to have deployed electric-truck powertrain technology in vehicles as diverse as school buses and garbage trucks.
Motiv is looking for an Embedded Software Engineer to join the engineering team as a key contributor. As part of a small team, you will design and write firmware for multiple modules that make up the powertrain of an electric drive vehicle. Responsibilities include software design, coding, testing, and debugging. Candidates should enjoy getting their hands dirty and debugging in hardware with digital probes, oscilloscopes, etc.
As a small company, we are dependent on our team members’ leadership, enthusiasm, creative problem solving, and self-motivation across a wide range of both technical and non-technical disciplines. These attributes are as important as the knowledge and skill set required for the work performed.
Your responsibilities include:
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain embedded powertrain control software in C.
- Independently perform board bring-up and code debug, including utilization of associated tools such as oscilloscopes, logic and protocol analyzers, JTAG and trace pods.
Fulfill all specified and derived requirements, including: safety, timing, and signal processing requirements of control algorithms for chassis systems, power converters, and motor controllers.
- Document your designs, tests, and test results.
- Automate tests as required
- Participate in peer design and code reviews.
- Participate in continuous improvement of software quality.
- Follow Motiv company policies and procedures
- BS in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or Electrical Engineering with Software Emphasis
- ·Minimum 5 years industry experience developing real-time software for embedded systems required
- Strong proficiency in C; ability to understand compiler output (assembly).
- Experience with RTOS and bare-metal systems
- Strong understanding of software engineering principles, including SW Quality Assurance and full SDLC.
- Minimum of 3 years’ hands-on experience at the software-hardware interface
- Basic understanding of control theory
- Strong analytical and communications skills
- Familiarity with Python and bash
- MS in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or Electrical Engineering with Software Emphasis
- Experience implementing control algorithms
- Experience developing safety-critical systems
- Experience with development in automotive environment, i.e. network protocols, etc.
This is a full-time permanent position based in Foster City, CA. Candidates only, please – no recruiters. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.